The concept of the value and benefit of gluten-free food has been gaining momentum for the last 10 years. Today gluten-free diets are being adopted as an overall health-promoting measure by broad ...View Article
Welcome to Colorado Spine and Sport!
Serving Boulder County since 2001, our entire team is committed to bringing you and your family better health and a better way of life. Colorado Spine and Sport is a full service clinic providing chiropractic, physical therapy, sports medicine, massage therapy, and radiology services all onsite.
Each patient will be evaluated and treated on an individual basis. We are proud of our clinic's reputation to recognize each patient's unique clinical needs, financial and time limitations, and personal spinal health goals. To that end, we discourage any potential patient from seeking care at any clinic requiring long-term prepaid treatment plans, free introductory examinations, or open treatment areas lacking privacy.
2014 CLINIC NEWS
- Colorado Spine and Sport added Christy Kohler, DPT in our physical therapy department. Christy has over 10 years experience treating patients with muskuloskeletal injuries. As a mother, runner, and former PT for the US Figure Skating National Team, she feels your pain. Our spinal patients experience a fantastic integration of both physical therapy and chiropractic care. Most cases are seen by both providers where your exam and imaging findings are reviewed by both providers to formulate a one stop shop for successful outcomes. We work with your orthopedist, neurosurgeon, and checking account to provide comprehensive cost effective care. You'll always see the same provider every appointment and unlike most PT clinics, your care won't be managed by a rotating physical therapy assistant. Check out her full bio at Christy Kohler, PT
2013 CLINIC NEWS
- Another great year for chiropractic care in the medical literature as the most effective treatment of non surgical back pain and as ambassadors of spinal hygiene! Top publications of 2013 touting chiropractic care and core stability as your first choice.
2012 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers interviewed by Boulder Camera sports writer Clay Evans as an expert on the topic of barefoot and minimalist running. "Is there Minimized Interest in Barefoot Running".
- Dr. Rodgers honored with 6 others by the Boulder County Business Report as a 2012 Healthcare Hero for his work with Boulder County event sports medicine programs! Look for us at all the 2012 Ironman events in the Front Range.
2011 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers began the 2 year whiplash curriculum at Spinal Research Institute of San Diego to study the effects and management of vehicle collisions on the human spine and brain with international whiplash researcher and biomechanist Dr. Arthur Croft, DC, PhD.
- Professional marathoner Adriana Pirtea Nelson discusses her return to the podium in Running Times Magazine 2011 and how effective her care has been at Colorado Spine and Sport for her running injuries.
- Dr. Thomm has received national certification in the Webster Technique to correct maternal sacral misalignment, balance pelvic muscles and ligaments which allows the baby to achieve the best possible position for birth.
- Dr. Rodgers wins Teva Games against international field of paddlers in Vail this past June. Check out the full story.
2010 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers part of Guinness World Record Kayak Distance Attempt on the Yukon River in Canada June 2010. Follow prolific American paddler Andy Corra's story at www.usawildwater.com/news/2010/100531_AndyCorra.html.
- Dr. Rodgers interviewed for July Runner's World article on preventing running injuries. Read how to decide what sports medicine specialist is best suited to evaluate your unique injury!
- Chiropractic care has an outstanding year in top clinical trial journals and government studies. Click here for a summary of studies demonstrating clinical and cost effectiveness of chiropractic care to all other treatment options.
2009 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers attends Whiplash Managment program at the Dr. Arthur Croft's nationally-renowned Spinal Research Institute of San Diego to study the effects and management of low speed vehicle collisions on the human spine.
- Runners take note. Dr. Rodgers blister prevention and management strategies on La Sportivas Mountain Running site. Don't get blisters, prevent them! http://mountainrun.wordpress.com/2009/10/18/blisters-dont-treat-them-prevent-them/
2008 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers named to 2008 US Canoe and Kayak National Team and is headed to
World Championships in Europe to represent the US June 1-10th. Please plan your injuries accordingly:)
- Dr. Rodgers attended the Boulder Neurosurgical Symposium in November with local orthopedic, neurosurgeons, pain management physicians, chiropractors and physical therapists to further enhance our clinic's comprehensive management of complex spinal conditions.
- Channel 9 News comes to Colorado Spine and Sport to discuss a new auto insurance law in 2009. www.coloradomedpay.com/page2.html
2007 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers nominated for 2007 Sports Chiropractor of the Year by his peers for the second year in a row!
- Dr. Rodgers featured in March Outside Magazine sports medicine article. http://outside.away.com/outside/bodywork/200703/owners-manual-back-5.html
- Dr. Rodgers featured in April Boulder Daily Camera video gait analysis article. http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_13076482?IADID=Search-www.dailycamera.com-www.dailycamera.com
- Dr. Rodgers featured in April Rocky Mountain SportsMagazine adventure racing article. http://www.rockymountainsports.com/article/?Guid=e0707d8e-d2db-4c82-ab9e-add47a451a39
- Dr. Thomm and Dr. Rodgers both just returned from the Rehab Summit in Las Vegas this July. They spent 3 days updating their skills to treat auto-related injury and cervical whiplash to improve our patient outcomes following a motor vehicle collision.
2006 CLINIC NEWS!
- Dr. Rodgers was just nominated for the Colorado Chiropractic Association's prestigious 2006 Sports Chiropractor of the Year for his dedication to Colorado athletes and families.
- Our clinic just adopted Left Hand Canyon. Help us keep our beautiful bikeways trash free. $5 discount for every piece of trash you bring in from our stretch of Left Hand Canyon!
Let’s say you’ve been taking some time off from the gym. It’s possible that one week turns into two or even three or four weeks. Life happens, and going to the gym starts to take a back seat ...View Article
All of us who’ve experienced a back injury of one sort or another have been told at some point to “avoid heavy lifting”. That type of advice appears to be a no-brainer or at least redundant, ...View Article
In general most people pay close attention to auto maintenance. Whether the concern is tires, brakes, or transmission, people make sure that their cars do what they need them to do. No one wants a ...View Article
As we get older, rotator cuff injuries become more common, a result of the natural aging process. As the years pass, the constant motion of the shoulder joint may cause fraying in the rotator cuff ...View Article
Trigger points are painful nodules in muscular tissue, commonly found in the upper back, low back, and gluteal muscles. Trigger points are frequently chronic, persisting from day to day without mu ...View Article