As we get older, years and decades of mechanical stress may lead to deterioration of joints, ligaments, and tendons. The shoulder is especially prone to undergo arthritic changes owing to its extr ...View Article
Welcome to Colorado Spine and Sport!
Serving Boulder County since 2001, Dr. Rodgers, Dr.Thomm, and our entire team have been committed to bringing you and your family better health and a better way of life. Colorado Spine and Sport is a full service clinic providing chiropractic care, physical therapy, sports medicine services, massage therapy, and radiology services onsite.
Each patient will be evaluated and treated on an individual basis. We are proud of our clinic's reputation to recognize each patient's unique clinical needs, financial and time limitations, and personal spinal health goals. To that end, we discourage any potential patient from seeking care at any clinic requiring long-term prepaid treatment plans, free introductory examinations, or open treatment areas lacking privacy.
Self-pay patients without insurance should expect to pay approximately $75 for a moderate complexity examination/treatment on the initial consultation. Typical office visits for subsequent care average between $45-65 depending on the amount of active care rehabilitation performed in addition to joint adjustments/manipulation. A typical acute treatment plan for low back pain, for example would be approximately 3 weeks of treatment and rehabilitation for a semi-complicated case. Our ultimate goal is to prevent your situation from happening again.
We are providers for many carriers including all auto insurances and many health insurance carriers. If we are a non-contracted provider for your particular insurance company, we will be competitive as an out-of-network provider (ie competitive out of pocket cost due to less number of treatments, more comprehensive experienced care). We charge our out of network patient's using HSA accounts the same fee schedule as our in network contracts and prompt pay/self pay patients so you will not be penalized for seeing us out of network.Understand in most cases insurance carriers place restrictions on providers in network where they cannot provide the care every case needs and in network care is not always the same as out of network care. An example, BCBS will only cover manipulation in network...if you need core stability therapeutic exercise, in network chiropractors will NOT provide it even if necessary resulting in higher overall copay costs because your recovery requires more office visits.
2012 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers interviewed by Boulder Camera sports writer Clay Evans as an expert on the topic of barefoot and minimalist running. "Is the Minimized Interest in Barefoot Running".
- Dr. Maureen Thomm and Jeremy Rodgers are rebranding in 2013 as Colorado Spine and Sport to match our long term integrated health care vision which includes having physical therapy and family practice specialties. It's only a name change and the change will be seamless to patients.
- Dr. Rodgers honored with 6 others by the Boulder County Business Report as a 2012 Healthcare Hero for his work with Boulder County event sports medicine programs! Look for us at all the 2012 Ironman events in the Front Range.
2011 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers began the 2 year whiplash curriculum at Spinal Research Institute of San Diego to study the effects and management of vehicle collisions on the human spine and brain with international whiplash researcher and biomechanist Dr. Arthur Croft, DC, PhD.
- Olympian Adriana Pirtea Nelson discusses her return to the podium in Running Times Magazine 2011 and how effective her care has been at Colorado Sports Chiropractic Center for her running injuries.
- Dr. Thomm has received national certification in the Webster Technique to correct maternal sacral misalignment, balance pelvic muscles and ligaments which allows the baby to achieve the best possible position for birth.
- Dr. Rodgers wins Teva Games against international field of paddlers in Vail this past June. Check out the full story.
2010 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers part of Guinness World Record Kayak Distance Attempt on the Yukon River in Canada June 2010. Follow prolific American paddler Andy Corra's story at www.usawildwater.com/news/2010/100531_AndyCorra.html.
- Dr. Rodgers interviewed for July Runner's World article on preventing running injuries. Read how to decide what sports medicine specialist is best suited to evaluate your unique injury!
- Chiropractic care has an outstanding year in top clinical trial journals and government studies. Click here for a summary of studies demonstrating clinical and cost effectiveness of chiropractic care to all other treatment options.
2009 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers attends Whiplash Managment program at the Dr. Arthur Croft's nationally-renowned Spinal Research Institute of San Diego to study the effects and management of low speed vehicle collisions on the human spine.
- Runners take note. Dr. Rodgers blister prevention and management strategies on La Sportivas Mountain Running site. Don't get blisters, prevent them! http://mountainrun.wordpress.com/2009/10/18/blisters-dont-treat-them-prevent-them/
2008 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers named to 2008 US Canoe and Kayak National Team and is headed to
World Championships in Europe to represent the US June 1-10th. Please plan your injuries accordingly:)
- Dr. Rodgers attended the Boulder Neurosurgical Symposium in November with local orthopedic, neurosurgeons, pain management physicians, chiropractors and physical therapists to further enhance our clinic's comprehensive management of complex spinal conditions.
- Channel 9 News comes to Colorado Spine and Sport to discuss a new auto insurance law in 2009. www.coloradomedpay.com/page2.html
2007 CLINIC NEWS
- Dr. Rodgers nominated for 2007 Sports Chiropractor of the Year by his peers for the second year in a row!
- Dr. Rodgers featured in March Outside Magazine sports medicine article. http://outside.away.com/outside/bodywork/200703/owners-manual-back-5.html
- Dr. Rodgers featured in April Boulder Daily Camera video gait analysis article. http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_13076482?IADID=Search-www.dailycamera.com-www.dailycamera.com
- Dr. Rodgers featured in April Rocky Mountain SportsMagazine adventure racing article. http://www.rockymountainsports.com/article/?Guid=e0707d8e-d2db-4c82-ab9e-add47a451a39
- Dr. Thomm and Dr. Rodgers both just returned from the Rehab Summit in Las Vegas this July. They spent 3 days updating their skills to treat auto-related injury and cervical whiplash to improve our patient outcomes following a motor vehicle collision.
2006 CLINIC NEWS!
- Dr. Rodgers was just nominated for the Colorado Chiropractic Association's prestigious 2006 Sports Chiropractor of the Year for his dedication to Colorado athletes and families.
- Our clinic just adopted Left Hand Canyon. Help
us keep our beautiful bikeways trash free. $5 discount for every piece
of trash you bring in from our stretch of Left Hand Canyon!
No one really wants to be a worrier. We certainly don't want to visit our chiropractor or family doctor for every ache and pain. But eventually we all experience physical problems and it may be di ...View Article
Most of us would agree that we want to be as healthy as we can. Thanks to a steady barrage of commentary by talking heads on television and articles by "experts" in weekend editions of newspapers ...View Article
We usually don't think of our bodies in terms of their being "smart." For example, we walk to the corner store without giving a single thought to the complex mechanics involved in getting there an ...View Article
It's well-known that one-third of American adults are overweight and an additional one-third are obese. In addition, 17% of U.S. children and adolescents are obese. Worldwide statistics are simila ...View Article
We all want to get the most we can out of life. Whether we want to find a loving partner, work at a meaningful career, gather an abundance of financial resources, or have enough leisure time to pu ...View Article